Welcome to Dancing In The Rain, and thank you for taking the time to listen to my collection of original instrumentals that I have written over a span of 20 plus years.
I never really intended this album of original songs to be a concept album, let alone a commercial album. However, through the process of getting myself registered as a composer with Composers Association of Singapore (COMPASS); the requirement being a submission of an original piece (Taking A Moment) that was to be broadcast publicly, I suddenly saw the concept of this album.
As you listen to these songs, I hope I can make you feel the same emotions as I did. I hope to bring you back to a memory or a situation that makes you connect with what these titles suggest.
Ultimately, I hope that after you listen to this album, you too will be Dancing In The Rain.
released December 20, 2015
This very long and overdue album would not have been possible without the following people:
1. Almighty God, who has blessed me with this wonderful gift, and the opportunity to see a positive impact that my music has on people, that I am so privileged to witness.
2. My wife, Anna, and my step-kids, Erin, Denise and Ian, for giving me the love, support and platform to allow this album to be created. Also, for them having to tolerate my idiosyncrasies while making this album.
3. My good friend and collaborator, Joyce Ang, for giving me an opportunity to teach songwriting to children, and for believing in my musical abilities. Her wise and generous sharing of ideas have allowed me to write music again after a very long period of writers' block.
4. To Desmond Moey, my publisher and distributor, for recommending and helping me join Composers Association of Singapore (COMPASS), and being unwittingly responsible for the concept of this album.
5. To Jace Koh and Chia Kun Loong, my partners at Opus Management Pte. Ltd., for believing in me, and giving me constant guidance and support in making this album possible. Kun Loong, in particular, has worked tirelessly to connect all the administrative dots, and making all the necessary calls and carrying out all the action items, while I concentrated on just the musical content.
6. To Natalie Gay, for helping me design the album and coming up with so many concepts and ideas to help make this album look professional.
7. To Lee Yew Moon, for taking precious time to help me take photos of me for the album, while enduring the heat, humidity and insect bites.
8. To Celia and Derrick Chee, for allowing me their home garden at such short notice, for Yew Moon and I to take my album photos when it refused to rain. Thank you for allowing me to use your garden to Dance In The Rain.
9. And lastly, to all of you, who have responded so positively and generously, and giving me encouragement, assurance and courage to make this album happen.